Sunday 19 February 2012

A New Project (or two)

Not being one who can concentrate on one project at a time, preferring to flit like a butterfly from one to another, I'm currently in the process of conducting a battle over the ether with another gamer and the considerable help of an umpire. My first battle for many years. In the initial stages of planning I mentioned my old alter-ego from those early days, one Hagen Von Tronek, and this gentleman was conscripted to command my forces.

Here is a picture of the old chap in his later years, as High Constable (Chief of the Armed Forces) of the Grand Duchy of Humperstein. More details will be released later this week.



This led me to reconsider bringing forward my other imagi-nation states and I've spent a bit of time net surfing and studying figure ranges, and my decision is that I shall have a 30mm 18th century group, using the unit organisation from 'Charge' and various figures from Minden, Willie, Stadden, etc., and another 19th century group in 28mm using figures from the Foundry Crimean stable and similar, using the more modern 'Black Powder' information.

Needless to say, these plans are still in the notebook stage and unlikely to reach fruition for some time, I still have to finish off my first 'Heptarchy' force. The objective here is to refight Wells' 'Hooks Farm' outside sometime in the summer.

2 comments:

  1. It all sounds like terribly spiffing Old School toy soldier type fun, can't wait to see more!

    Best wishes, Brian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to have a well stocked stable of projects at hand as well.

    Sounds like some good fun ahead.

    ReplyDelete