Saturday 28 April 2012

Retirement Arrives

Well, it's here at last. As from 4.30 this afternnon I am officially retired and my time is all my own. According to my wife I can now call myself as a 'househusband' as I can do the housework while she continues in her job!

I've had a quick look at the current projects and see I have some way to go. My 54mm toy soldier 'Heptarchy' project has about 50% of figures ready, the 28mm Grand Duchy of Humperstein project has half the troops and I'm researching a suitable oponent (this project has a considerable background, and may be the subject of a seperate blog), while the 30mm 18th century project is hardly off the ground. All of them need an infrastructure. There's also the numerous ship models (wargame and static display) and general woodwork I want to do.

Plenty to keep me out of the pub. In the meantime, here are a few more photos from the Musee Des Blindes in Saumur, apologies for the lack of captions.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the retirement !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on reaching a lifetime milestone.

    Retirement certainly changes the rules of the game!

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I wish you many happy years of toy soldiers, models and wargaming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations upon your retirement!
    I look forward to following your hobby pursuits...

    ReplyDelete