Tuesday 15 May 2018

Another one bites the dust.

I've just received the BMSS interim newsletter via my computer and see that another old supplier has gone.

Pat Campbell, owner and producer of Replica Models has passed away. A name that may not be familiar to some of you, Pat had a large range of recasts from the early days of Britains and Johilco, all priced very cheaply. I had a lot of his figures for round about £1.50 each in an unpainted state, and once painted up they were practically indistinguishable from the originals, apart from the weight that is.

 Pat had a photocopied catalogue illustrated with line drawings, and was very helpful if you wanted something special. I enquired at one time about Victorian rifle regiment figures with plumes rather than ball on the shakos, and he sent me a sample he'd rigged up from a standard running soldier at the trail and a head from (I think) a Belgian figure.

Sad to hear of his passing.

1 comment:

  1. Sad to hear the passing of another "old fashioned" trader , so frw about now .

    ReplyDelete