Friday 3 February 2017

Happy Birthday to me, ...

Well, I've just managed to reach my threescore and ten, so it's all downhill from here. I've decided that my new year starts from the thirtyfirst of January, as that's the day after, and I'm feeling pretty chipper after my grandson said I only looked 50! Good lad, knows how to get round the old man. On top of that the hospital gave me an all clear after a recent health scare. I had to undergo a biopsy involving rubber gloves, nasty gadgets and needles. Details of which I won't go into and don't want to repeat anytime soon.


In a recent post I mentioned clearing my library a bit. Some of you took advantage, thank you, but I still have quite a few books to clear. In order to get this underway I've just put the first two onto that e-bay place, A Foundry catalogue and a Tradition catalogue(ish). If you want to check them out and ask any questions they are items 172513808591 and 172513796280. I'd like them to go to someone with the right interest in them.


Things should get back to normal now, or what passes for that in this house, after the hectic last two years.


Happy New Year.


10 comments:

  1. Happy New Year and Birthday!All the very best for the returning normality.
    Best Wishes
    Alan
    p.s glad to have you back with us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best Wishes ..... an excuse for some new toys :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aye, you're on borrowed time now Joppy!.
    Best wishes,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Joppy.

    My Grandson is only 6 months old so I don't know his opinion on my looks. I can get big smiles from him so I can't be too bad and I'm younger than you.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very many Happy Returns my good man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Ian and a very Happy Birthday to you! I hope to give your books a good home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday. Glad you are feeling fine and dandy. I enjoyed the book of French Revolution Uniforms BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! Perhaps you'll look three score and ten by the time you reach five score.

    ReplyDelete